Easy Ways to Lower Your Blood Pressure (Without Medicine!)
High blood pressure (often referred to as ‘Hypertension’) is becoming incredibly common, currently affecting over 60 million Americans. Early symptoms are hard to spot, but some people may experience shortness of breath, dizzy spells and headaches. Luckily high blood pressure can be easily reversed with some simple lifestyle adjustments. Here are some natural ways to lower your blood pressure without visiting your doctor:
- Quit Smoking (Try these green tips to make it easier)
- Reduce Caffeine intake (Quit coffee or switch to decaf if you can)
- Lose any extra weight you may be carrying- obesity plays a huge factor in high blood pressure. Try some of our healthy and delicious vegan and vegetarian recipes.
- Get regular exercise- 30 minutes of cardio 3 days a week is all you need.
- Become more active: Power-walk, bike, take the stairs. Incorporating light exercise into your daily routine will help your blood pressure as well as release endorphins and create positive energy.
- Watch your salt intake! Try to avoid salty foods.
Comments are currently closed.