Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure
Following are Home Remedies for High Blood Pressure-
- Fish oil has a modest effect on high blood pressure.
- Folic Acid is a B vitamin necessary for formation of red blood cells.
- Changing your diet is an important part of lowering high blood pressure.
- Autogenic training, biofeedback, and yoga, have been found to reduce high blood pressure.
- Aerobic exercise is an important part of the natural approach to lower high blood pressure.
- Switching to polyunsaturated oils can make a big difference in your blood pressure readings.
- Celery may also reduce stress hormones that constrict blood vessels.
- Milk plays a modest role in preventing high blood pressure.
- Cayenne Pepper is a popular home treatment for mild high blood pressure.
- A clove of garlic is highly recommended for high blood pressure. Chew one clove of garlic first thing every morning and wash it down with water.
- Mix 1 tea spoon honey with 1 tea spoon ginger juice and 1 tea spoon cumin powder. Have twice a day.
- Make a juice of 25-30 curry leaves with 1 cup of water. Strain and drink first thing in the morning.
- Stevia has also been shown to reduce blood pressure at 500 mg three times daily.
- Decrease/Eliminate Caffeine.
- Try eliminating sugar or cutting back for a few weeks.
- Hops and valerian root are good for calming the nerves.
- Avoid the herbs ephedra (ma huang) and licorice, as these herbs can elevate blood pressure.
- Eat a high-fiber diet and take supplemental fiber. Oat bran is a good source of fiber.
- Eat grains like brown rice, buckwheat, millet, and oats.
- Drink steam-distilled water only.
- Daily dose of dark chocolate can help reduce blood pressure.
Comments are currently closed.