How to lower blood pressure naturally
Hypertension or high blood pressure is caused by obesity, smoking and excessive drinking, among other reasons. Stress, however, is the main reason for blood pressure in a majority of people. Who is stress free today? It is easy to read stuff online on the importance of reducing stress. But do they really work?
Most of us run out of money from time to time. Taking a loan becomes the only way out. But the repayment of loans creates yet another problem. With PPI, you can now secure loan repayments in case of any untoward incident. To understand the policy better, contact a ppi reclaim firm.
That said; let’s take a look at ways to keep blood pressure under check, naturally.
- Exercise! This is the golden rule for staying fit and keeping all health problems at bay.
- Keep the consumption of alcohol to a minimum. Monitor the intake amount; go for regular check-ups to see how much of it is healthy for your body.
- Take potassium enriched diet. Since you need to keep your salt consumption in check, you end up being deprived of potassium as well. Consider eating bananas.
- Reduce the sodium levels in your body.
- Smoking is another habit you might want to tap. Although it’s not a direct cause of hypertension, you will get other health benefits.
- Work on lessening that waist-line. Extra fat makes the heart work harder.
- Include fruits, vegetable and low-fat dairy products in your diet. Healthy food will work wonders and cure you of problems you are not even aware of.
- Research has proved that raisins can help curb blood pressure levels. So add them to your morning oatmeal.
- Yoga is a great stress buster. It’s a fact that’s been around for decades, but most people just don’t have the time or patience for it. Yoga won’t give instant results, but the effects of regular practice are rewarding.
- Cut down on caffeine intake.
- Watermelon is a source of fibre, potassium, lycopene and vitamin A; another tasty way of reducing blood pressure levels.
- Soy foods like tofu and soy milk also decrease blood pressure.
- Add chili peppers to your food and do your health another favour!
A natural approach to healthy life is always better. The effects are long-term, and you get to save money on trips to the doctor. However, do not completely lay back on medicines; just make sure you don’t need a big prescription.
Comments are currently closed.